Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:45 am by {GTB} birra

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

What can wdo to get more players ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What can wdo to get more players ?

Post  Trance on Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:34 pm

My proposition is to disable pb for 1 week and see what will happen . Also we should get back to nw 1.2.5 because 1.2.7 is causing some laggs from this what i heard . We could do some adversitings on some popular ET sites , we can also disable all maps on server and leave only those 12 for now . We should make meetings on server for example everyday on 15:00 we will come to play for 1 or 2 hours and we will see that players will connect . Also when new people are joining they r disconnecting after moment . I think it may be caused of downloading a lot from our server or they exit cause of pb .

Post here your suggestions , we will see what can we do

Sorry for mistakes but i was writing it very fast =] Also some ideas can be bad but nvm .
Trance

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: What can wdo to get more players ?

Post  {GTB} birra on Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:58 pm

Yes we are in quite a crisis. That idea you mentioned of as all joining is good but lots of us will have or studies like me. If you think switching back to 1.2.5 will significantly reduce lag than do so. I dont even know the difference between the two. Advertising is the best option, how i dont know.

Once when i went on the game menu an advertisement came up advising me to visit one of the several Hirnlos servers, which actually proved to work as i did go on one of them as i used to play on them years ago and they're good with players all the time. How it came up instead of the Server List though i dont know. Dont remember going on it anytime shortly before it happened. Advertising on other famous servers will be good. Perhaps having another server besides NQ will be good, though when we had 4 last summer not many were on.

What's intriguing me is how now there are barely players on form our clan, where as about 2 - 3 months ago there were always a few of us on. It must be the Dark Ages of Wolfenstein.
{GTB} birra

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  {GTB} Pr3dAtOr on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:39 pm

Birra, we have another server besides NQ, we also have a public ETPro server

Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  {GTB} birra on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:18 am

I didnt know we had an ET Pro until 2 days ago. Whats the other server?
{GTB} birra

Back to top Go down

Post  {GTB} Stefke555 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:09 pm

Birra weren't you in scrim team Question Question Question

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post  {GTB} Pr3dAtOr on Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:14 pm

If i am right was birra a scrim member, so you must know we have an Etpro server

And IP:

{GTB} ETPro Publ!c Funhouse
Server-IP 217.163.25.63:27960

Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  {GTB} Granny on Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:40 pm

WTF !

Why not have a look at the website we have now and then !

{GTB} Website

{GTB} Granny
Admin

Number of posts : 1560

http://www.thegtb.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Patriot on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:13 pm

sorry to but in here, and im not trying to be mr wiseguy

Advertising servers could maybe be a good thing but
we have exactly the same problems with our servers as you do, and i have spent hours advertising our servers on Xfire forums, gametracker forums, splatterladder forums, clan-less forums and havent gotten 1 single response. So dont get your hopes to high Sad

I truely believe that the only thing that will make servers popular is that the clanmembers is using it very very often, and that they treat the new ppl on server nicely, so theyll return Smile

but when i see the age of most of you here you are in the same situation as we are, most of you are adults most likely with families and dont have the nessecary time to use on a gameserver.

ET is from 2003, so its getting old, new games are there now, and many of the young players never even heard of ET anymore, shame tbh.

its a struggle to keep the fun in playing empty servers, but atleast from what ive read here you all seems to be nice guys so I hope your succeeds.

I dunno if any of you uses xfire but if you do ur welcome to ad me --> patriotqube, that way i can see when someone is on ur server and join in Smile
Patriot

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-03-04

http://et.qubenet.net

Back to top Go down

Post  ArtstAr on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:10 pm

patriot, did Qubenet have old members (a few years ago) called Shiimmer, Griim, Niko and Pr3d aka JpeX? they are friends of mine and i remember they were in a clan called Qubenet some time ago.

ArtstAr

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  {GTB} SL4Y3R on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:39 am

Patriot has got a point there, ET is old, i am an Instructor with the Army Cadet Force. so i work with kids 12 - 18 years of age, and when they are not doing stuff with cadets, they are all playing more advanced games on their xbox or PC. Most of them have never heard of ET.
I know im not able to get on the server as much as i used to, due to alot of other commitments, and i believe most of the other admins are in the same boat. I can't speak for all of the clan, i am assuming they are either playing other games or have other commitments too.

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Patriot on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:57 am

ArtstAr wrote:patriot, did Qubenet have old members (a few years ago) called Shiimmer, Griim, Niko and Pr3d aka JpeX? they are friends of mine and i remember they were in a clan called Qubenet some time ago.

yeah they did

Niko is still in clan and pred is still a good mate, i havent spoen to grim and shimmer for a while
Patriot

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-03-04

http://et.qubenet.net

Back to top Go down

Post  {GTB} Stefke555 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:48 am

{GTB} SL4Y3R wrote:
I know im not able to get on the server as much as i used to, due to alot of other commitments, and i believe most of the other admins are in the same boat. I can't speak for all of the clan, i am assuming they are either playing other games or have other commitments too.

Number of posts : 462

Back to top Go down

Post  {GTB} RAM on Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:53 pm

I only got to know about this server through Gizmo telling me this was where he was playing.
When you see the amount of servers playing ET its mind boggling it really is a lucky dip as to who finds you. Of course the secret is to keep them once they are here but with such a vast array of online gaming its hard and thats a real shame because at his own expense and time Granny has put 100% effort in.
I for one have a young family and I too have got out of the habit of playing everyday.
When I do come on I love it, its even better with teamspeak on but you need to be able to hold your own....(must get my headset fixed).
Without doubt this is a real friendly server with great players and a great admin team I for one never play on any other ET server I have everything I want right here when I want it
I have just done a little exercise whilst writing this...at this moment in time there are approx 2000 players (how many are bots I have no idea) playing ET on a third of the servers available 2 thirds are empty or approx 300 being played on 600 empty.
How about one night a few of our clan members pay a visit to one or two of the most popular servers just to get the name out there.....?
...just a thought

{GTB} RAM

Number of posts : 231
Location : Newcastle under Lyme Staffs (oh yes its posh here...Not lol )
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  {GTB} RAM on Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:04 pm

PS.
forgot to say those servers were filtered for PB only and no locked out ones
I will also add after a quick look there are a lot of bots out there which does show a general lack of players across the board. So maybe we ain't do so bad afterall Smile

{GTB} RAM

Number of posts : 231
Location : Newcastle under Lyme Staffs (oh yes its posh here...Not lol )
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  {GTB} birra on Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:48 pm

Yeah even i play only on this, rarely go on others. Woah so many are empty!
{GTB} birra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top